Anthropologie Inspired Beaded Necklace Tutorial
- Beading thread
- About a dozen wooden beads
- About a dozen spacer beads
- Accent beads ( I decided to change my accent beads to pearls that I had from a broken necklace but anything would look great.)
- About 3 feet of pattern ribbon, 1 inch wide
- You may choose to have a clasp in the back, I like a longer necklace so the clasp was not needed
- String your beads alternating your wooden beads and spacer beads. Notice I did not center the accent beads, this adds a bit of extra interest and helps balance the weight of the bow that will be on the opposite side.
- Tie a small bow using about 12 inches of the ribbon.
- Trim and extra and coat all ends with clear nail polish to prevent fraying.
- Sew the ends of the beaded strand to each end of the 24 inch ribbon using a small hand sewing needle, make three to four small stitches to secure them together strongly.
- Hot glue the bow to the ribbon, opposite side of the accent beads.
Now just wear your new Anthropologie inspired necklace out and about and collect complements everywhere you go!