Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mixed Media Paintings

These two paintings were the first of a new body of work. I have to say I was very nervous if people would "get" what I was doing or if they would even like them. Sometimes whey you are in your studio working, you get so far up in your own head that you head in a direction without considering your audience.
You can see these pieces are created in layers of color and forms. With a literal layer of dollies.
Everything is hand painted and hand colored so the colors of dollies and match the colors of the painted forms. These are definitely my go to colors, the brighter the better.
These two paintings only last two days in the gallery before they were snatched up. That is such a great feeling. Putting something new out there and having that "they like me, they really like me moment."
I still have quite a few dollies left, I plan on making more paintings but I am always on the look out for more exciting dollie crafts. Let me know what you think. I have a few ideas in my keep checking back to see what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment