Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

More Mixed Media Paintings

This past year I took part in a mixed media show. I was quite excited by the opportunity to challenge my self with new materials. As you can see in the images I combined my decorative style with crochet dollies that have be painted and dyed. Each piece is then coated with a very thick layer of resin. This helps unify the entire surface and really make the colors pop.
 This piece is called disco flowers. It has a pair, that somehow I forgot?? to photograph. They both were sold right away, so I guess that one will be undocumented like so many other images in the past couple of years. I really need to get better about that.
This piece is called soul blossoms. In this painting I really tried to challenge myself to use different colors, I tend to always use brighter colors so doing something in the more neutrals and earth tones was a fun mini challenge. I love how the shape of the dollies mimic the shapes of the painted forms. This piece is still available at Water Street Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment