Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

What's Currently on the Easel

I have my hand in about a dozen different projects right now, everything from sewing to jewelry, home makeovers, crochet, painting and mixed media works. In hopes of trying to finish some of the things I've started, I am going to share them and give myself mini timelines for finishing them. Let me know what you think, if one project is much more worthy of my time then another. I would love the feedback on some of my new ideas.
I have been wanting to make a change in my paintings for a while now. I have always had a love for paint by number paintings. They have a very rich history dating back to the 1950's, and they definitely tug at my nostalgic heart strings. This is my attempt at modernizing this historic process of painting.
I am not convinced I have found the best subject matter yet. I promise I do not have a foot fetish, maybe a minor shoe fetish. These are both images from Anthropologie's wall of beautiful multi colored shoes. I am hoping to merge the paint by number process with my love of color and pattern. The trick will be finding the best images to articulate this idea. I have a few images (not of shoes) collected and ready to go, but if you have any you think might fit the bill send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment