Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Boxful of Goodies!

Last week I received two great gifts. New front teeth (long story) and a boxful of goodies from my mother in law(a much better story). She was given a whole batch of drapery fabric samples and trimming samples from a designer friend, and passed them all on to me! The fabric is all upholstery weight and ranges in size from 9x6 inches to 9x12 inches. The prints and colors are so different then all my Anna Maria Horner and Amy Butler fabric, which makes them a welcome addition to my ever growing stash! I was so excited to make something, I made this weekend a sewing weekend. I knew I wanted to make a small zipper tote, but it needed to be extra cute to go with my new super great fabric.
I came across a great tutorial on Noodle Head for her Gathered Clutch Tutorial and knew that would be the perfect project for this fabric. The pictures and directions are very easy to follow. I didn't really have to read them, and I adjusted all the sizes to match the amount of fabric I had. I did not include any interfacing do to the weight on the fabric, and I did have some issues with the tabs on the zipper (I think this again was because of the weight of the fabric). But over all it turned out well, and I would try it again with some minor adjustments. I took pictures of the process to share with you, I think it is more fun to see how things come together. Happy sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment