Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Feather Cuff Tutorial

I feel a little late to the party, but here in the mid west trends find us a bit later. Ha! Right now I am loving the feather trend. I was at a graduation party this weekend where I was surround by super cute feather hair extensions, and found myself with a bit of "feather envy." I whipped this little guy up it a matter of minutes with stuff I had around the house.

Easy Breezy Feather Cuff
Supplies-
Feathers, Glue Gun, Cuff, Ribbon, Scissors

Measure the ribbon to be just larger then the circumference of the cuff. Make sure your ribbon is not wider then your cuff. Glue the feathers directly to the top half of the ribbon. I trimmed my feathers to be similar in size.  Glue the ribbon feather side to the cuff inside, hiding all the bottoms of your feathers and giving you a clean finished look inside your cuff.
Easy, breezy, and in less then 15 minutes you have trendy feather cuff ready to wear out and about. If you can't find a cuff in the color you want think about spray painting it. Mine was originally orange but I used a metallic spray paint, and it really looks like silver. Summer is my favorite time for bracelets. Short sleeves and tank tops give you the perfect stage for sporting arm candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment