The look right now is all about layers. Especially when it comes to your arm candy. I am loving the mix of leather and sparkles right now, but not loving the price tag. This cuff from anthropologie is $220! While the price point is crazy the style is hot and very replicable but with an artstar twist.
Anthropologie Inspired Leather Sparkle Bangles
This is a great project because the supplies are minimal and inexpensive. They can be whipped up in just a few minutes, which makes them perfect for sharing.
All you need is a length of wax cord, the package I got from Michael's was $3.99 and it had enough to make 7 bracelets. Rhinestone chain, again from Michaels they have multiple colors too. Embroidery floss, everyone has some laying around from the friendship bracelet days. Buttons, vintage, found or new ones.
I hit the jackpot the other day and got a huge freezer bag full of vintage buttons when I was out thrifting a couple of weeks ago. 15lbs worth for only 6 dollars. So expect some button projects in the future!
The how to....
- Cut a 20 inch piece of wax cord, a 20 inch piece of embroidery floss, and the rhinestone chain the circumference of your wrist.
- Fold in half and make a loop large enough for the button to fit through.
- Tie the floss on, and wrap around five or six times to cover the tail and the knot.
- Keep the cord flat and side by side and lay the rhinestone chain on top.
- Wrap one loop in between each stone.
- Once you get to the end wrap about five or six times to mimic the start of the bracelet.
- Tie a knot with the cord and floss.
- Thread on button.
- Tie another knot to finish.
- Trim extra cord and floss.