Getting Back In The Studio

Time is something I never feel like I have enough of these days. Life moves so fast and somedays it is hard to account for where all my time is being spent. There is something refreshing about spending hours lost in a painting. Spending the time looking, really looking at something that is not on a screen or in my hand.
Acting Thirsty, Acrylic on Canvas, 36"x36"
Studio days are quickly becoming my favorite days, and I am challenging myself to squeeze them in once or twice a week. It is a struggle after a 40-60 hour work week, but it is worth the reward.
Never Look Back, Acrylic on Canvas, 36"x36"
I have given my self permission with this new body of work to push things further then I have in the past. 
Get Out of My Garden, Acrylic on Canvas, 36"x36
Sometime is means getting 90% done and starting over again. 
No Room at the Inn, Acrylic on Canvas, 36"x36"
This new body of work I am searching for balance, while still filling the canvas to the point of access, and to explore color and saturation to bring a new intensity to the work. 
Searching For My Roots, Acrylic on Canvas, 36"x36"
All of these pieces can also be found on my website- alethaisraels.com and all of these are currently for sale. Please contact me directly for pricing information. aletha@alethaisraels.com 

4 comments

  1. Good article. I am a blogger too. and I can see that you are a nice blogger too. Click Here to visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives in depth information. Learn more about Barbicide Concentrate Disinfectant Spray

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your paintings are fresh & original. I'd be curious to know what is your process? Do you sketch on the canvas, or design on a computer? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete